Posted on

How to become an accredited landlord in Stoke-on-Trent

Within Stoke-On-Trent the accreditation scheme incorporates both Stoke-On-Trent and Newcastle-Under-Lyme councils. As both councils are interlinked it makes it easier to spread your investments across both areas, in other words, there is no need to pay two different fees if you have one property in Stoke-On-Trent and another in Newcastle-Under-Lyme.

You don’t need to be accredited to rent your House of Multiple Occupancy out to students however, it is a requirement if you wish to advertise your property directly through Staffordshire University and Keele University.

A few key bonuses you can expect once you are accredited are training events (some of which advise on new property and industry legislation) and a quarterly newsletter. Training sessions will also teach you how to promote yourself as an accredited landlord and basics of your lettings operations.

To become an accredited landlord you are required to:  

  • Complete an application form (see below).
  • Provide details of all the properties you rent out within Stoke-On-Trent and Newcastle-Under-Lyme.
  • Submit a copy of the current Gas Safety Certificate(s).
  • Pay of a fee of £70 for two years membership, and
  • Attend a half day Landlord Development seminar within the membership period.

Once you are accredited you can promote yourself to students as an accredited landlord offering them peace of mind that your property is of a good standard and has been certified by the Council’s accreditation scheme.

To obtain an application pack for a property in Stoke-on-Trent you can:

For further information please see below:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *