You have finally handed in your last assignments and you are getting ready to leave for the Easter holidays! But before you take off make sure you have checked your student property one last time to ensure you have left it in a secure state. We have put together a quick checklist to help you do just that:
- Ensure all of your windows and doors are locked.
- Close your blinds and curtains shut so no one can look in from the outside.
- Don’t let mail pile up as it will be an indicator that the house has been left empty for a while. You could ask a trusted neighbour or friend to retrieve your mail and paper for you when you’re gone.
- Turn off the boiler to save energy whilst you are away.
- Pay your bills. Avoid any late fees by paying your utility bills before you leave your student accommodation or bring them with you to pay whilst you are away.
- Take out the rubbish one last time or you may find yourself having new “household pets” when you come back after a 3 week Easter break.
- Protect your valuables. Don’t leave any valuables where they can be seen the outside. Store them away safely, maybe even take an inventory with pictures of your possessions. This will be helpful to the police and insurance company in the worst-case scenario.
- Check your appliances one last time. Have you unplugged everything? Make sure appliances like your dishwasher or washing machine are not running.
- And lastly set your burglar alarm if you have one 🙂
If you’re still searching for your ideal student accommodation for the next academic year, check out our available student housing now, or give us a call on 0161 312 2544.